What is it?
The Philip David Gray Memorial Trust Vietnamese University Fees Scholarship is a grant to cover fees at a Vietnamese state university for Vietnamese students who are studying in areas that can contribute to the development of Vietnam, such as rural development, urban planning or social care.
Scholarship Application Round 2021
Applications for this year’s round of Vietnamese university scholarships will be accepted from 15 May 2021 to 31 July 2021.
Applicants will be notified of awards by the end of November 2021.
Please return to the website after 15 May to find the online application form and details of the application process.
How much is it for?
The scholarship will cover the annual fees at a Vietnamese state university during the student’s degree programme. The award will normally be made for the duration of a programme of study, subject to the recipient continuing to meet the award criteria.
Who is it for?
The scholarship is open to Vietnamese nationals currently studying at a Vietnamese state university. Decisions on the award of scholarships will, in addition to academic ability and financial need, consider the potential of the award to contribute to Vietnamese development with respect to the alleviation of poverty, such as the improvement of:
- the delivery of health and social care,
- the national infrastructure in terms of provision of housing, water, power and transport,
- the Vietnamese natural environment, or
- the provision of education.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
Details of the application process will be announced as part of the next call for applications.
How is an application assessed?
Applications are assessed based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic promise and performance (School transcript, entrance examinations and university results plus letters of reference will be relevant here.)
- Suitability of the programme of study given the aims of the scholarship programme (Note: A student’s choice of subject for study and future career plans will be relevant here. In stage 1, applicants will be invited to write a case for support that explains how their application meets these criteria.)
Existing scholarships will be reviewed annually to ensure that the recipient continues to meet these criteria.