Scholarship Application Round 2020-21
Update: 25 June 2020
Due to disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the application process for the 2020-21 scholarship round will be delayed.
The online application form for the 2020-21 Scholarship round will be available beginning 1 July 2020. The deadline for applications is 31 August 2020. Scholarships will be awarded by 31 October 2020.
What is it?
The Philip David Gray Memorial Trust Vietnamese University Fees Scholarship is a grant to cover fees at a Vietnamese state university for Vietnamese students who are studying in areas that can contribute to the development of Vietnam, such as rural development, urban planning or social care.
How much is it for?
The scholarship will cover the annual fees at a Vietnamese state university during the student’s degree programme. The award will normally be made for the duration of a programme of study, subject to the recipient continuing to meet the award criteria.
Who is it for?
The scholarship is open to Vietnamese nationals currently studying at a Vietnamese state university. Decisions on the award of scholarships will, in addition to academic ability and financial need, consider the potential of the award to contribute to Vietnamese development with respect to the alleviation of poverty, such as the improvement of:
- the delivery of health and social care,
- the national infrastructure in terms of provision of housing, water, power and transport,
- the Vietnamese natural environment, or
- the provision of education.
How Do I apply for a scholarship?
Instructions for scholarship applicants may be found here.
How is an application assessed?
Applications are assessed based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic promise and performance (School transcript, entrance examinations and university results plus letters of reference will be relevant here.)
- Suitability of the programme of study given the aims of the scholarship programme (Note: A student’s choice of subject for study and future career plans will be relevant here. In stage 1, applicants will be invited to write a case for support that explains how their application meets these criteria.)
Existing scholarships will be reviewed annually to ensure that the recipient continues to meet these criteria.